Ideal for clients who need a reliable and fast supplier.
As an established supplier of shipping containers in the United Kingdom that regularly collaborates with the MOD, 1st Containers can provide a reliable and affordable delivery and collection service for when clients purchase or rent units from us. We always keep a large number of containers in a variety of sizes in stock, and can deliver them quickly to a specified location of our clients choice. Thanks to our stockpiling system, we can react on a short notice and even deliver to remote parts of the UK.
We apply the highest standards of professionalism to all aspects of our pickup and delivery service, from helping you choose the most appropriate container for a particular shipment, to keeping tight schedules when it comes to delivery. Our employees are well versed in the technical ‘dos and don’ts’ of the container industry, and can readily provide sound advice to ensure that everything runs according to plan.
Here are some general guidelines for clients interested in our collection and delivery service:
- It's important to notify us about any barriers restricting access to the location. While we are usually able to solve difficulties, it helps to know in advance about any walls, buildings or overhanging cables that might be blocking or restricting access.
- We need to be informed if the delivery location has an uneven surface. It’s necessary to bring specialised tools for deliveries of this kind, so again, our team needs this information in advance.
- Please explain where exactly the container needs to be positioned. We need this information so we can bring support legs where necessary.
- Access space needs to be provided slightly above the size of the selected container, as doors need additional space to open and close. Approximately 10ft should be left for this purpose – access space for a 20ft container should be around 30ft, while 50ft would be necessary to comfortably fit a 40ft container.
- An additional 10ft of space is needed for refrigerated containers, as it’s important to allow for uninterrupted air flow for the machinery that controls the internal temperature.
- We recommend all customers check everything is delivered to specification while our technicians are still onsite. That way, we can immediately fix any problems, for example jammed doors or malfunctioning cooling systems.
- Please ensure that the placement of your container is carefully chosen and avoid blocking any drains.
- Keep in mind that our delivery vehicles are quite large and require sufficient space to operate. A typical 20ft container is hauled by a lorry that’s 34ft long and more than 9ft wide.
If you have any additional queries, please get in touch, our team of experts are at your disposal at all times.
New and used containers at very competitive prices! Available in a wide range of sizes and colours
Our inhouse team of expert engineers can convert shipping containers into amazing and bespoke structures.
Delivery & Collection
We are equipped to deliver and collect shipping containers across the whole of the UK.